1. How do I contact Antietam Cable Television?
2. Where are you located?
Our address is:Antietam Cable Television
1000 Willow Circle
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740
From Frederick Street, turn onto Commonwealth Avenue. You will pass the Washington Co. Board of Education. Continue on Commonwealth Ave. until you reach the end. Antietam Cable is right there!
3. What are your hours?
Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Saturday, 9:00am - 12 noon
Sunday and major holidays - closed
Drive Through Window
Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 6:00pm
Saturday, 9:00am - 12 noon
Sunday and major holidays - closed
Monday through Sunday, 9:00am - 7:00pm
Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Our tech support phone lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week to assist you!
4. How do I find out if service is available to my home?
Please fill out the check service availability form on this web site, or call our office at (301) 797-5000. Our customer service reps will be able to tell immediately if cable has ever been connected to your home. If so, we can service it. However, if your home has never had cable service before, one of our technicians will stop by to see if we can service your location. The tech will not have to come in your home at this time, so there is no need for you to be there. He will then notify our office of his findings, and we will contact you. The entire notification process takes 2 days to one week, depending on the number of requests ahead of yours.
5. What channels/services are available and at what price?
Please refer to our online channel line up.
All services, including Antietam Digital Cable, Digital Phone and MyACTV high speed Internet service, are available everywhere within Antietam Cable's service area.
6. How soon can I get my cable connected?
Usually within 1-2 days if the address where you live has had cable previously. If your home has never had cable, the length of time depends on your location and will be estimated on an individual case basis.
7. How long must I wait for the installer the day of installation?
Your time is valuable! That's why we set up appointments.
8. What if I forget the date of my installation?
Feel free to contact our office anytime you have a question. You can request to have our office call you a half hour before your install time.
9. If I miss the installer, what should I do?
You know you missed the installer if you find a yellow tag on your front door saying "Sorry we missed you!" Call our office and we will send the installer back that day if possible, or reschedule your appointment for a more convenient time.
Internet - Features FAQs
1. What is the MyACTV service?
MyACTV is one of the fastest home Internet services you can get. It delivers the full power of the Internet - incredible multimedia, streaming music, and unlimited possibilities for fun, learning, and communication - to your computer using a cable wire instead of a phone line.
The MyACTV service provides all the features you need to enjoy the Web, including search and navigation tools, up to seven email accounts, a convenient portal packed with local content, and superior 24/7 local technical support.
2. Is MyACTV a proven technology?
Absolutely! With a DS3 backbone connection to the Internet and Cisco network hardware, MyACTV delivers a superior broadband service!
3. What does it mean that MyACTV is "always on"?
It means that you never have to dial up again. If your computer is on, you're online - with instant, high-speed access to everything the Internet has to offer.
4. How much does the service cost?
Less than you might think. And you can save more than $100/year when you bundle our Internet service with TV and/or digital phone! Please refer to the features/pricing page for more details!
MyACTV.net cable modem customers can rent a modem from Antietam Cable for an additional $4.00 per month, or purchase one from popular retail outlets.
5. How do I connect to the MyACTV service?
A cable modem connects your PC to MyACTV's high-speed cable network. After the initial installation, there's no need to "connect" again. You're always on.
6. Do I still need my Internet Service Provider?
No. MyACTV gives you a lightning-fast connection to the Internet, plus email and a portal start page. MyACTV gives you everything you need, anti-virus software, spam controls and more!
7. If I don't subscribe to cable TV, can I still get the MyACTV service?
Yes, you can get the MyACTV service even if you don't subscribe to cable TV. The subscription cost is $54.95 monthly for a 10Mbps down/1 Mbps up speed.
8. Can I have more than one email address?
Yes. Up to seven email addresses are included in MyACTV's low monthly fee.
9. If I subscribe to MyACTV, can I use it on more than one computer?
Yes. You would need to purchase a router or wireless modem with a router built in to have the network across your home. Antietam Cable has wireless modems available for a rental fee of $6.95/month.
Residential customers receive one IP address with installation.
10. Can I have my own Website on the MyACTV service?
Yes. MyACTV gives you 10Mb of WebSpace per email account; up to 70Mb per subscription. Build a family tree. Showcase vacation photos. MyACTV lets you create your place in cyberspace.
Certain restrictions apply on Internet speeds, please call 301-797-5000 for more details.
11. Can I use MyACTV while watching TV?
Yes. Although the MyACTV service enters your home through the same cable as your television signal, it operates independently. So go ahead. Check email, chat online with friends, or visit a Web site while watching your favorite shows.
12. Can I access my email accounts if I am out of town?
Yes. With MyACTV's webmail feature, you can access your email accounts from any Internet connection in the world by using this link.
Internet Speeds FAQs
1. How fast is it?
Incredibly fast! MyACTV internet services is 100x faster than a skinny telephone wire!
A 3.5Mb file could take more than 16 minutes to download using a typical dial-up connection, compared to about 10 seconds on MyACTV standard high speed Internet service. It's really that fast!
*Actual speeds will vary. Factors that affect downstream data speed include: overall network traffic; the computer's performance and configuration; accessing non-cached or cached data; location and configuration of the accessed server; performance characteristics of each component of the data network; the number of users, and all users' compliance with MyACTV's Acceptable Use Policy, available at http://www.myactv.net/acceptable.html. Upstream data transfer speed is limited to 1 Mbps.
2. What does a faster connection do for me?
MyACTV's advanced network was created with high-speed access in mind, so the programming you get is richer and more interactive. Play online games, download movie trailers, and watch videos of late-breaking news without the annoying wait of a dial-up service! Create your own personalized broadband start page, with fast access to the information that matters to you the most. With the high-speed MyACTV service, the Internet is more alive than ever before.
Internet - Installation FAQs
1. Are there additional installation or setup fees?
Regular installation price is $99.00. Additional installation fees may apply if your home/office is not wired for cable.
2. Can I get MyACTV in my neighborhood?
Yes. The MyACTV service is offered everywhere Antietam Cable Television is offered.
3. Does MyACTV install new cable in my neighborhood?
No. We've already done it! Antietam has completed an upgrade of the existing cable TV network to handle two-way data communication. The process involves adding signal amplifiers to create a dedicated "upstream" data channel from your home to the cable TV plant. We now have one of the most state-of-the-art hybrid fiber optic cable plants in the country!
4. What's involved in the installation process?
While it may only be necessary to install a splitter on the existing cable, due to the potential for introducing "noise" or interference into your cable system, a qualified technician will perform the installation of the splitter and cable outlet. If user-installed splitters are already present, the technician will perform quality assurance tests before deeming the service operational, and, if necessary, will rewire the outlet to meet proper specifications.
Internet - Equipment FAQs
1. What hardware and software do I need to use MyACTV?
Software: Microsoft Windows Vista or later. Mac OS X 10.2 or higher.
Hardware*: You will need a two-way, DOCSIS 3.0 or higher compliant cable modem, if you are subscribing to a DOCSIS 3.0 service, with a small rental fee.
*Hardware must meet or exceed minimum requirements defined by the manufacturer to run the particular operating system.
2. What are the minimum system requirements?
- Microsoft Windows Vista or later
- Mac OS X 10.2 or higher
Hardware must meet or exceed minimum requirements defined by the manufacturer to run the particular operating system.
3. What is a cable modem?
A cable modem is an external device that connects to your computer. Cable modems translate radio frequency (RF) signals to and from the cable plant into Internet Protocol (IP); the communications protocol spoken by all computers connected to the Internet.
4. Can I attach a server to your network?
It depends. The residential MyACTV service is for private, home use only and does not support or allow servers of any kind. However, MyACTV has five levels of Business service available that do allow the kind of connectivity a server requires.
5. Can I use any TCP/IP stack with the MyACTV service?
Yes. However, MyACTV currently supports only Windows 2000 Professional, XP Home/Office, Vista and Mac OS X 10.2 and later, with Open Transport v. 1.1 or greater TCP/IP stacks.
Television - Programming FAQs
1. Do you have a program guide for your channels?
We have several!
- Tune to channel 75 to view our 24-hour Electronic Program Guide: a continuously scrolling list of what is on each of our channels
- Visit the TV Guide Website and search the channel listings right this minute!
- We offer TV Guide mailed directly to your home. The cost is $4.00/month added to your cable bill.
- Add a digital cable box for the Interactive Program Guide - and always know what's on!
2. How do I order PPV?
Please tune to cable channel 75 for ordering information and previews of pay-per-view featured movies, or press the menu button on your remote and go to the PPV icon.
Or visit the PPV section of this web site.
3. What channels do you offer?
Television - Equipment FAQs
1. Do I need a converter box?
If your TV is not cable ready (for more than 140 channels), you will need to get a converter box to receive Basic Plus channels.
2. How do I get a remote control for my converter?
Remotes are available from our office for a one time charge.
3. I would like to hook up cable to additional TVs in my house. Is there any charge?
No! There is absolutely NO MONTHLY CHARGE for extra outlets. They are free with your cable service! There is a one time installation charge if you elect to have one of Antietam's technicians activate the outlet. If your TV or VCR is not cable ready and you need an additional converter, there will be a monthly rental fee.
4. What should I do if I experience technical problems with my cable?
Please refer to our online troubleshooting guide. You may fill out a Technical Repair form online and submit it to us. Always feel free to contact our office via our technical assistance line 24 hours a day/7 days a week at (301) 797-5000.
1. What is Digital Phone?
Digital Phone is a multi-featured, residential phone service available from Antietam Cable. Digital Phone service is as easy to use as your existing phone service from your traditional phone company. Plus, you get all the benefits of Digital Phone service, which include unlimited local and long distance calling throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, Canada and the Virgin Islands all for one low monthly price!
2. Can I call 911 using my Antietam Cable Digital Phone?
Yes! Enhanced 911 (E911) is part of Antietam Digital Phone service. With enhanced 911, when you dial emergency services, the operator automatically receives your name and address information in advance. Please note that there may be circumstances under which the E911 services available with Digital Phone may be limited in comparison to traditional E911 service. Please see Antietam Cable Digital Phone Agreement for more information.
3. If the power goes out, does my 911 service still work?
Antietam Cable's Digital Phone service provides up to 8 hours of battery backup. So long as your battery backup is not uncharged, discharged, improperly installed or malfunctioning, your phone service will continue to work even if you lose electrical power. This includes your E911 service. Note that it's important to have a battery backup telephone to use at all times in case of power failure. Note that it is important to have a battery backup telephone to use at all times in case of power failure.
4. If my phone service is temporarily suspended for non-payment, does my 911 service stop working?
No. If you are temporarily suspended for non-payment, your 911 service will still function. If you are disconnected instead of suspended, then your 911 will NOT work. Disconnect reasons are:
- Your request to be disconnected.
- You fail to pay your bill after 45 days.
5. Under which circumstances would my E911 service stop working besides being disconnected by the cable company?
Any changes you make to the Antietam Cable's Digital Phone equipment without first notifying Antietam Cable may cause your 911 service to fail. Please notify Antietam Cable before making any changes to your equipment. A few reasons your 911 service would stop working are:
- If you move the Digital Phone equipment to a different address without first notifying Antietam Cable of the move
- If the Digital Phone equipment fails or is not configured properly
- If your home or equipment loses electrical power AND battery is dead in Digital Phone equipment (eMTA).
Please see Antietam's Digital Phone Agreement for more details.
Digital Phone Long Distance FAQs
1. Can I chose my Long Distance carrier?
With Momentum Telecom as our provider, we do not have the option of offering the ability to choose a separate carrier and have our digital phone service. However, Antietam Cable's Digital Phone comes with FREE long distance in the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, Canada and the Virgin Islands.
2. How do I make long distance calls?
Press 1 before the area code and telephone number and dial as usual.
3. Can I make international calls?
By default, outbound international calling for all business and residential phone services is disabled. If you do not plan to place international calls, then no action is required. If you do wish to place international calls, please contact our office at 301-797-5000 to enable international calling on your account. If you use a calling card to place international calls, it is not necessary to activate international calling. Please note that you will be billed for international calls on your normal monthly bill in arrears so it may take 1 or 2 billing cycles for the charges to appear.
4. How do I make international calls?
Just dial as usual- that is, 011 + country code + city code + telephone number. Calls to international locations are extra but are billed at discounted rates.
5. Can I use my calling card for long distance calls?
Antietam Digital Phone provides local and long distance calling included in the price, so there is no need to use a calling card. However, you may use a calling card for international calls.
Digital Phone Installation FAQs
1. How soon can my Digital Phone service be installed?
We are usually able to complete installation in 3-10 business days.
2. Do I need to be home?
Yes. In order for Antietam Cable to install and test your service, you need to be present.
3. What if I can't be home?
If the primary account holder cannot be home at the time at the installation, they must come into our front office before the installation, to pre-sign their paperwork.
4. I wasn't home, and now my phone is out of service. What should I do?
Contact Antietam Cable at 301-797-5000 to reschedule the installation.
5. How long does installation take?
Approximately 2 hours.
6. How soon will my Digital Phone service be active?
Same day as installation, once the installer is completed the phone services are active. The installer will provide you with a welcome kit that details all aspects of your service.
7. What if I have to reschedule my phone installation date?
It is important that you notify us 3 business days or more prior to your scheduled installation date to avoid losing your phone number. Call 301-797-5000.
Digital Phone Equipment FAQs
1. Can I move my Digital Phone equipment modem from one location to another?
Moving your Digital Phone equipment may cause your service, including E911, to stop functioning. Please call Antietam Cable before moving your Digital Phone equipment.
2. Does Antietam Cable provide technical suppose for my Digital Phone service?
Yes. To contact us 24/7, call 301-797-5000. Technical Phone Support is FREE!
3. Who maintains my Digital Phone equipment?
Antietam Cable does.
4. Do I have to buy any extra equipment?
No. Antietam Cable will provide you with the equipment (eMTA) that you need for Digital Phone service for a nominal fee.
5. Do I need a special phone?
No. All standard touch-tone, wall-mounted, portable and cordless phones work with Digital Phone.
6. Is Digital Phone compatible with answering machines and Caller ID display?
Yes, Digital Phone is compatible with most answering machines and Caller ID displays. You must have a Caller ID display to use Caller ID. Remember that Caller ID, Call Waiting, Call Waiting ID and Call Forwarding and more are at no additional cost with Digital Phone.
7. Will a fax machine work with Antietam Cable Digital Phone service?
Yes, in most cases. Some older fax machines may not be compatible.
8. Will Digital Phone work with my home network?
Yes. Antietam Digital Phone and High-Speed Data services are separate. Your home network will not be affected by Digital Phone.
9. Will Digital Phone work with my alarm system?
Antietam Digital Phone will work with the majority of alarm systems available on the market today. However, some older alarm systems may not be compatible. Please contact the alarm manufacturer to be sure.