Bundle Up Sweepstakes Rules
“BUNDLE UP” SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The “Bundle Up” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), sponsored by Antietam Cable Television, Inc. (“Antietam”), begins at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 1, 2009 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on December 31, 2009 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to any individual who is 18 years of age or older at the date of entry and a legal resident of (and residing at the time of entry in) a Sponsor serviceable zip code within the state of MD, (the “Eligibility Area”). To determine if you live in a Sponsor serviceable zip code, call (301) 797-5000 for Antietam, or see Section 12c below for how to obtain a list of eligible zip codes by mail. Employees, officers, directors and agents (and their immediate families and household members regardless of where they live, or members of the same households [whether related or not]) of Antietam, its respective divisions, affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, agents and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Providers”), are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or to win any prize. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE ELIGIBILITY AREA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. TO ENTER: There are two ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
a. By subscribing or upgrading to new television, digital phone or Internet service: You will receive one entry into the Sweepstakes when you subscribe or upgrade to new qualifying services from ANTIETAM CABLE TELEVISION, INC. (Antietam) during the Sweepstakes Period. For details, refer to the Sweepstakes advertising materials, or call (301) 797-5000 for Antietam. To earn an entry by subscribing to new service, you must not have had the same service during the 60 days prior to date of entry, and your new service installation must be completed no later than January 20, 2009. Subscription entries not satisfying these conditions will be void. Sponsors are not responsible for loss of entry due to installation difficulties or delays of any kind.
b. By mail (no purchase necessary): Hand print your name, complete address, phone number, and date of birth on a postcard. Mail your completed entry to: “Bundle Up” Sweepstakes Entry, Antietam Cable Television, 1000 Willow Circle, Hagerstown, MD 21740. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by December 31, 2009 and received by January 15, 2010. No mechanical reproduction of entries permitted.
Limit one entry per person/phone number, regardless of method of entry. Any attempt by any person to obtain more than one entry by using multiple/different names, identities, or any other methods will void all but that participant’s first entry. Late, incomplete, and/or duplicate entries will be disqualified. By making a qualifying subscription or mail-in entry, you consent to participate in this Sweepstakes and consent that Antietam may obtain, use, and transfer your name, address and other information for the purpose of administering this Sweepstakes.
4. DRAWING/PRIZES: On or about January 20, 2009, for entrants residing in Antietam serviceable zip codes, Antietam will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received to award one (1) Limited and Expanded Basic TV Service Prize, ARV $579.00; one (1) Digital Phone Service Prize ARV $539.88; one (1) MyACTV High Speed Internet Prize ARV $611.40. Begins 11/1/09, ends 12/31/09.
Total ARV of all prizes is $1,781.23.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION/ODDS/PRIZE TERMS: Potential winners will be notified by mail and/or telephone. At Antietam’s sole discretion, potential winners may be required to complete a notarized affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and a publicity release, which must be returned within time period specified in potential winner’s notification letter. Any failure to timely return required documents, noncompliance with the terms of these rules or the return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable will cause prize to be forfeited and an alternate potential winner to be selected. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Limit one (1) prize per household/account. No prize transfer. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Antietam due to prize unavailability, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded. All prizes will be awarded, provided there are sufficient eligible entries. Winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and for any expenses, costs or fees associated with acceptance and/or use of prizes, including, but not limited to, any installation or equipment costs not specified herein as being included.
Prize will be awarded as a credit for twelve (12) successive months on the winner’s bill for Antietam service. Prize does not include additional charges such as but not limited to additional IP addresses, premium service subscriptions, international long distance or operator services/directory assistance, etc. Prizes are available only to residential locations and are subject to Antietam’s residential service agreement and terms. To be eligible to receive a Prize, winner must live in Antietam Cable serviceable area and must be in good standing with Antietam for the duration of the prize term. If a winner leaves Antietam’s serviceable area and/or accrues outstanding obligations to Antietam during the prize term, winner shall forfeit the remainder of the subscription. Winner will be responsible for all applicable taxes and fees associated with these services at Antietam’s standard rates.
6. GENERAL: By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of Antietam Cable (whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes), and to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Entries and other submitted materials become the property of the Sweepstakes Providers and/or their promotional partner(s) and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sweepstakes Providers are not responsible for incomplete, late, lost, misdirected entries or postage-due mail, or for any technical malfunction, printing error, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or line failure in connection with any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, tampered with, forged, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Although Antietam attempt to ensure the integrity of the Sweepstakes, the Sweepstakes Providers are not responsible for the actions of entrants or other individuals in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants' or other individuals' attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Antietam, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Antietam reserves the right in their sole and absolute discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes, and to select winners from among all eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Antietam in its sole discretion. If any winner is 18 years of age or older as is required for entry, but has not yet reached the age of majority in his/her state of residence (a “Minor”), prize will be awarded in the name of winner’s parent or legal guardian (“Parent”) who must ratify, sign and have notarized any and all documents required of winner. Entry must be made by the entrant and via the means described above in Section 3 only. In the event of any conflict between these Official Rules and any abbreviated rules or advertising distributed in connection with the Sweepstakes, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. You are not a winner until entry has been verified and you have complied with these official rules.
7. RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY: By entering this Sweepstakes, unless prohibited by law, each potential winner (or if potential winner is a Minor, potential winner’s Parent) consents to use of his/her respective name, voice, photograph and/or likeness for advertising or publicity purposes for this and similar promotions without compensation, and the potential winners may be required to provide a signed and notarized release acknowledging such consent. Moreover, by entering this Sweepstakes, unless prohibited by law, the potential prize winners agree to grant to the Sweepstakes Providers, and their respective licensees, affiliates, and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including without limitation the World Wide Web, at any time or times, the prize winner’s name, likeness (actual or simulated), voice (actual or simulated), and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews, as may be determined from time to time by Antietam in its sole discretion.
9. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND HOLD THE SWEEPSTAKES PROVIDERS, ANTIETAM CABLE TELEVISION, INC., AND ITS PARENT, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED, OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES PROVIDERS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF ANY PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF, OR PARTICIPATION IN, ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate courts located in the States of Maryland. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Antietam in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the States of Maryland.
(a) Severability/Headings: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof.
(b) Winners: For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “Bundle Up” Winners, Antietam Cable Television, Inc. 1000 Willow Circle, Hagerstown, MD 21740. Requests must be received by January 15, 2010.
(c) Rules Requests/Eligible Zip Codes: To receive a copy of these Official Rules and a list of eligible zip codes, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Bundle Up” Official Rules and Zip Codes, Antietam Cable Television, 1000 Willow Circle, Hagerstown, MD 21740. Requests must be received by December 31, 2009.
Antietam Cable Television, Inc., 1000 Willow Circle, Hagerstown, MD 21740
© 2009 Antietam Cable Television, Inc. All rights reserved.